by Teresa Tumminia
Summer brings a daily bounty of fresh produce to our family farm. Among our favorites are tri-colored bush beans, with their purple, yellow, and green treasures tucked away under large leafy umbrellas. Our bean and potato salad can be put together in no time at all and is perfect for summertime meals. Pick the beans, dill and parsley the same day you make the recipe for farm-to-table freshness!
- a good amount of beans – about 3 cups
- 1 1/2 lbs baby potatoes. We like a mix of red and white.
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small red onion or 1/2 large, chopped small
- Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- fresh picked flat leaf parsley, chopped
- fresh picked dill, remove stems and chop
- 1/4 cup good quality olive oil, we use Demi Olive Oil. Add more or less to taste preference
- himalayan salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Boil potatoes until fork tender. Rinse under cold water and cut into halves or quarters (bite size pieces). Set aside
- Steam beans until tender but not mushy. Rinse under cold water. Cut beans in 1/2.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Add the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- This is best served while still slightly warm or room temperature.